To download Windows 10 ISO without media creation tool, you need to visit the Microsoft tech bench upgrade program and then begin downloading Windows 10 ISO directly without media creation tool. Need more details? Follow this guide to know how to do it.
It has been more than a or so since Microsoft has released Windows 10 for public use. Since the day, Windows 10 has made its way to Millions of PCs which was earlier running on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. Now there are two ways to install Windows 10 on PC. You can either upgrade your PC to Windows 10 or make a clean install. For upgrading purposes, you can use the Media Creation tool and proceed with the upgrade.
If you want to make a clean install, then you need to have a Windows 10 ISO, which later can be used to create Windows 10 Bootable USB drive. Now again, there are two ways to download Windows 10 ISO to your PC.
Microsoft allows you to download Windows 10 ISO with media creation tool as well as without media creation tool. With a media creation tool, there is a risk of getting your download disturbed because of some error. However, if you choose to download Windows 10 ISO without media creation tool, you can be sure that you can download it without any error apart from an error that occurred because of a faulty internet connection.
Therefore, today we will be having a look at the methods available to Download Windows 10 ISO. Particularly, how to download Windows 10 ISO without media creation tool with a direct download link.
Method 1: Download Windows 10 ISO Directly Without Media Creation Tool
We will be downloading the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft server, so you can be sure that it does not have anything unwanted or harmful.
Update: Microsoft has recently stopped users with Windows PC or Mac from accessing the official Windows 10 ISO downloading page.
If you click the below download link, you will be redirected to the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool download link instead of ISO downloading page. Microsoft is force redirecting PCs that can run Media Creation Tool to install media creation tools.
The only solution for this is to pretend that you have a device that cannot run Media Creation Tool such as a Mobile Device.
There are two ways to do this. First, is using Developer Tools in your browser. The second method is to use a browser extension emulator.
Option 1: Use Developer Tools
Go to the Windows 10 ISO download page by clicking the link given below in the post.
When in the page, press Ctrl + Shift + I. This will open Developer Tools.
Now from the developer console, press Ctrl + Shift + M. This will toggle the device toolbar.
Now simply refresh the web page and you should be able to see the Windows 10 ISO download link.
Option 2: Use Chrome Mobile Emulator Extension
To do this, we are going to use a Mobile browser emulator for Chrome. Get it from here.
Once Installed, go to the Windows 10 download link given below, and it will redirect you to download the Media Creation Tool page.
While keeping the page open, click the Mobile browser emulator icon from the top left side and select one of the mobile phone portrait options.
Now a new window will pop-up, and it will load the same page but as a Mobile device. Since you cannot install the Media creation tool on a mobile phone, Microsoft will offer you to download the Windows 10 ISO instead.
>> Now follow the steps given below, and you should be able to download Windows 10 ISO.
1. From Windows 10 ISO download section, click on “Select Edition” and select Windows 10. If you want any other edition, select that edition and click on the Confirm button. Now you will see a “validating your request” page, wait until you are prompted to select the product language.
2. From the “Select the product language” section click on choose one and select English. Select your preferred language if it is not English and click on Confirm button. Now you will see the validating request page again, so wait until you see the download page.
3. Now, you will see Windows 10 ISO Downloads page. From the page, you will see two links. One for 32-bit Windows ISO Download and one for 64-bit Windows 10 ISO download. Select the one you want to download.
There you go! Now the Windows 10 ISO download should begin directly without Media creation tool on your PC. Wait until the download completes, then proceed with creating bootable Windows 10 USB Flash drive.
On the download link page you can see a two-line message saying “Link valid for 24 hours from time of creation, link expires: date and time”.
It means that your download link is valid for 24 hours from the time of its creation. Therefore, if you are planning to keep it safe, it will be of no use.
Method 2: Download Windows 10 ISO with Media Creation Tool
Now there is another way through which you can download the Windows 10 ISO file. Media Creation Tool is official Microsoft tool, which helps you in downloading and upgrading to Windows 10 from your current OS. If you are looking for detailed instructions on how to do it, here is how to use it.
Begin with download Media Creation Tool on your PC for 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Once downloaded, run the tool. From the Media Creation Tool Window, select “create installation media for another PC”.
- Next, select “Language” “Edition” and “Architecture”.
- You should see two options as USB Flash drive and ISO file. Proceed by choosing ISO File. Select the folder where you want to save the ISO file and click OK.
- This should begin the Windows 10 ISO download on your PC.
Wait until the download completes. Now you can create Bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive using the ISO as mentioned in the above link.